Today’s Quick Tip covers the process of setting up remote multi-point replication with CDP 3.0. This feature is useful if you need to set up offsite backups, and we have received feedback from customers who wanted clarification on the actual setup process involved.
This topic provides instructions on how to set up remote multi-point replication based upon the following scheme:
Here are the steps to set it up:
1) Create an initial replica of the backup server locally
2) Install a remote CDP Server
3) Move the Disk Safe to the remote CDP Server
4) Add the Agent to the remote CDP Server.
*Please note that you will need to update the key for the Server’s Agent during this process so that the CDP Server is authorized to backup this Agent.
5) Create working environment on the remote CDP Server
6) Re-attach the Disk Safe on the remote CDP Server
7) Configure the replication schedule on the remote CDP Server to protect the local machine
For more details, including screenshots, visit our wiki.
Have questions about this Quick Tip or any of our high-performance CDP backup products? Connect with us on Twitter: R1Soft